Monday, January 2, 2012

The Mess Left Behind

Today while perusing Facebook photos of everyones New Years Eve parties I noticed photos of my ex-boyfriend having a great time with some of my close friends. This puts me into an awkward dilema that shockingly I haven't been put into until now.

First I'll give you some background history on this whole mess. The break up happened nearly four months ago and was a relatively clean break for a three year relationship. While we were dating we had basically all of the same friends which was how we got together in the first place.

So in a break-up who get custody of the friends you shared? And is it wrong is your friends don't pick a side and stay in contact with both sides?

I'm not really sure what the answer to either of these questions are but it's really left me between a rock and a hard place.

I will say that I was at a different party enjoying myself with my sister and some other friends. But the friends that had the party with my ex didn't even invite me or mention anything about NYE to me. We have all hung out the last 5 new years eves and this time they don't even bother to ask if I was interested in coming or tell me that my ex will be there with them.

Forcing them to choose sides really isn't fair to them but truthfully I thought they had chosen my side!!

For the time being I don't think I'm going to do anything about it. Christmas break is almost over so hopefully I won't have to have any run-ins with him and I can just this whole mess in the past.

What do you think about my situation?? If you have an opinion leave me a comment or email your thoughts to me at classyinkc@yahoo.com


As always, Keep it Classy


XOXO
Classy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS