Thursday, February 2, 2012

Basket of Broken Eggs

In a recent conversation I was having with a guy friend he told me something so true, "All you girls put all your eggs in one basket and when shit starts to go sour you freak out." Not only did it entertain me immensely but I realized it was also so true!!



It got me thinking that as girls we do put all our hopes in one thing, usually one guy, then when it doesn't work out we are crushed. Why do we constantly do this to ourselves? We obviously learn that it's not good idea the first time it happens, yet we consistently do it over and over again.

What is it about us as women that makes us consistently do things that we know are bad for us? We date the jerks. We forgive the cheaters. We trust the players. Yet almost every time exactly what we knew would happen, happens.

I think it's that all of us try to believe in the good in people.


We think every frog has the potential to be our prince charming when the truth of the matter is that a lot of them are just frogs. 


But while we continue to let ourselves get hurt by "putting all our eggs in one basket" I honestly can't say I wouldn't want it any other way. Sure all my eggs may get broken when he turns out to not be as amazing as I thought but I wouldn't want to miss out by not giving everything my all. 


I believe in living life to the fullest and that means putting my all into everything I do. Holding back because we're scared of getting hurt only hurts us more in the long run. 


So I challenge you to try and give everything your all be fearless! We have to hurt to feel the high of real unconditional love. 




As Always, Stay Classy
XOXO


Classy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS