Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Letter to Myself

This is yet another letter I wrote to myself several months ago back in October. I think now is the time for me to FINALLY take my own advice. Enjoy.






Wow. It's incredible to look back on the Hayley of just a few years ago. I have changed so much in so many ways. I think I've also lost my drive to question everything about the world. I want to get that back. 


But most of all I think I have learned. Four years ago I hadn't even had a glimpse of the world. Now, though I still have so much more to see I feel like I have at least had experiences I can learn from. 


This is my advice to the girl I once was. You don't need anyone to support you or make you who you are. You felt so independent and you always said that you would never let a man boss you around or change who you were. But you feel so easily into that. Don't doubt yourself or who you are. You are wonderful exactly how you are without anyone by your side, or more likely dragging you along. 


Love with all your heart but still take caution. You don't need to have a crush or a guy you are pursuing ALL the time. Even though you like to give yourself over completely to people they won't necessarily be a kind as they should be. 


This is SO true. I don't need to have a crush or some I'm trying to get to like me all the time. It's ok to just be me. I'm working hard on becoming comfortable with that and everyone's insightful and thoughtful conflicts on my previous posts help more than you all know. So thank you your thoughts are so greatly appreciated. 




As Always, Stay Classy
XOXO




Hayley

6 comments:

  1. LOVE this letter! You are right... you don't need someone else in your life to complete you! It's just a bonus when you find Mr Perfect :) I think it is extremely important to be comfortable with yourself, and have a great relationship with yourself BEFORE you get into a serious relationship. Because then you will know who you are, you'll know what you want, and you won't settle for anything less :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've slowly been figuring that one out. But I think you are so right because no one should ever have to settle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to start writing letters to myself. It took me awhile to learn that being independent works just fine - I liked it better that way haha. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome letter! I think you have stuff figured out fo' sho'! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS