Monday, April 23, 2012

Finally read the Hunger Games!!

I usually hate to be a band wagoner but when people say a book is good I usually can't resist giving it a try. I know I'm a little bit late on the whole Hunger Games frenzy but let me say that I am now fully on board!!

So I may have committed a cardinal sin of mine when it comes to books turned into movies. I watched the movie FIRST. Gasp, I know it was wrong of me but I wanted to see it over Easter and I left my Kindle at school so I couldn't read it... and it was basically just that I was to lazy and wanted to see if it was worth my time (which it totally was).

Funny little story about the movie though. For those of you that follow me on Twitter you may have seen my little rant about how the filming made myself and my mother throw up!! We both get motion sickness really easier. Especially in movies, like I can't handle Paranormal Activity or anything filmed like that.

But about twenty minutes into the movie I had to run to the restroom and loose my dinner with the stall door wide open and everyone that was using the restroom from a movie just getting over watching me. It was lovely. Besides that the movie was terrific!

So here is my most important findings after reading the book and watching the movies. At first I was team Gale because Liam Hemsworth is SOOOOO gorgeous.



After reading the books though I am seriously so in love with Peeta. He is so incredible and kind and wonderful and perfect and now so adorable in the movie. I want to marry Peeta and I can't understand why Katniss doesn't want to either! Hopefully she will come to her senses soon.




I know you all told me before but I want to hear again are you Team Gale or Team Peeta?



6 comments:

  1. I committed the sin too-I saw the movie first! I haven't finished the book yet, and I had to go read the Wiki article on the movie bc it left me so confused about whether or not Katniss and Peeta were really in love or not.

    I liked the movie ok but I didn't think it was epic. I am still Team Harry Potter lol. I've been told if I read the Hunger Games book, I will like it more, but who has the time?

    Team Peeta, btw. Just based on the movie. He's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry but I have a serious issue with this movie. I saw it this weekend and was seriously disturbed by the amount of violence. A storyline about kids killing kids as entertainment? And rated PG-13 no less. It gives me very little hope for the future and the children that we allow to get exposed to this kind of gratuitously violent behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problem in theatres when they pan back and forth too quickly!! my mom does too!!!
    Hope you love the series-I sure did!!
    -Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! Welcome to the band wagon!

    ♥ Duckie.

    http://frikkenduckie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Team Gale from page 1 through the end of Mockingjay. I did this with Twilight too (although HG is way better). I go for the guy with a flaw. Not to mention, I never found Peeta believable. Aren't you glad you read the book though?!

    -Frances @ Keynotes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loooved the movie. I was really surprised I liked it so much. That stinks you got motion sickness! It was kind of crazy how they filmed it.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS