Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Perfect Man

I was recently asked what my ideal man was. Obviously it would be Ryan Gosling (duh) but in reality I don't really have much of an idea. I know I want him to be smart and funny but that's about as far as my list goes. Going out into the dating world with no idea what you are looking for is like going shopping without any idea of what you are looking for. Most of the time you make purchases you never would have wanted to if you had planned out your shopping trip with what you actually needed or wanted.

Right now as far as guys go I keep buying that spurge item that you don't really want or need but seemed cool at the time but you end up throwing away soon. If you don't know what you want in a man how do you  find one that's a good  fit for you. I guess their is luck or chance but I've never been one to rely on the odds.

Because of this revelation I've decided to describe (using celebs and fictional characters of course) my perfect man so that maybe I'll have a clearer idea of what is important to me and what I'm looking for.

First of all my perfect man would look like Ryan Gosling ideally but for myself physical attributes often don't have much of a bearing. I have dated/liked guys of different races, heights, hair colors, eye colors, whatever. The only consistent thing for me is that I generally like guys that are thinner and have good hair but the rest is free game.



As far as personality goes I need a guy that is funny. He has to make me laugh on a daily basis, not a difficult thing to do. I'm imagining my perfect man's humor to be like Johnny Depp's, a little quirky and off color. Not the obvious knee slapping humor like Jim Carey.



He has to be kind and loving imagine Noah from The Notebook (Ryan is going to be referenced a lot I think!). He loved Allie all the way till the end and was so patient and gentle with her.



He has to be loyal like Peeta was to Katniss. No matter how much she hurt him Peeta was always looking out for Katniss's best interest. He would do anything for her. If Peeta was a real person he would definitely be my ideal man. I know he's not as firery as Gale but I think he has the long lasting qualities.



He has to be intelligent and driven, yet have a regard for morals at the same time. This maybe an obscure reference so I apologize but I want a guy like Alan Shore in Boston Legal. He was a witty, charming and extremely intelligent lawyer. But when it came down to it he always stood by his moral code and I respect that a lot.



He has to have a goofy, childish side. I want a guy that isn't afraid to be immature. Like he does magic tricks or juggles or likes to do 1,000 piece puzzles with his little brother. This doesn't really match any celebrity I can think of but it's just somethings that have really made me like some other guys.

The last thing is optional but would be a definite plus. I want a guy that is artistic whether that be he is a writer or an artist or a musician their is just something about that creative flare that draws you in.

So what makes up your ideal man or do you already have your ideal man? Lucky for you that already do!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS