Monday, January 23, 2012

It's Not Over

It's not over, it's not over. It's never over. Unless you let it take you. It's not over, it's not over. It's never over. Unless you let it break you. 
- Secondhand Serenade




I literally listened to this song on repeat for days underneath my fuzzy pink blanket when I broke up with my first boyfriend. It really makes me think about if it is ever really over. Do we ever completely fall out of love with someone? And if so does that mean that we never truly loved them in the first place?

Looking back on my past relationship I think about all the promises that were made. The promise to never leave, to never stop loving. At the time it felt so real and it was an honest promise. But in retrospect it makes me wonder if I'm still continuing to keep this promise or if I always knew all along that I really wouldn't keep it.

I'm at that point in singledom where I'm over the boy but not yet over the relationship. Spending three years of your life with someone is difficult to erase from your memory. Some mornings I wake up and I forget that we're not together anymore. Or I have a dream that we're together and he's changed.

It's funny how falling in love happens so quickly while falling back out of love takes so much time and effort. I guess that's because were love easy and are always fearful of letting go, even of bad things.

I remembered learning in school that you should never touch something hot with palm because your muscles reaction to heat is to close around it. Bad relationships are like that. Even though it hurts it's so hard to let go of them because it's your reaction to hold on.

The lesson to be learned here is that your burns from holding on may never truly heal. You will always be left with scars but we learn to get over them as much as we can and love someone else. The memories of past loves will always linger but we grow from them and become stronger in the future.

Just my daily rant for the day!! Made me feel better to get it out.



As Always, Stay Classy
XOXO

Classy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS